Thame, Princes Risborough or Wendover Tenant Fees
When you decide to rent property through Tim Russ & Company we will ask you to pay a “holding deposit” of one weeks’ rent. This takes the property off the market while references are being taken. This will then be offset against your initial rent with your written consent
We will ask you to sign and return an offer form to provide us with your permission to take up references. We will only be able to process your application when we receive this back, after which, an application link will be emailed to you for completion. We will take references on you through an independent referencing agency : the Landlord will be responsible for the payment for the references.
We require proof of your identity in the form of a current passport. If you are not a citizen of the European Economic Union, we will require proof of your permission to reside in the UK for the term of your proposed tenancy.
You will be emailed a copy of the Government’s ‘How To Rent Guide’ and Tenant Fees Act booklet.
Please note that the holding deposit will be retained by us if you withdraw from the tenancy application, or provide materially significant false or misleading information to us or fail the Right to Rent check or fail to sign your Tenancy Agreement
THE NEXT STEP
- Your application form which will be processed through an independent referencing agency. This normally takes 3 days.
- On receipt of your references, we will then draw up the Tenancy Agreement, which is a legally binding document between the owner of the property (the Landlord) and you (the Tenant). You should read the Agreement carefully and ensure that you fully understand it.
- The Tenancy Agreement must be signed within 15 days of the holding deposit being paid to us. This date can be extended if both parties mutually agree in writing
THE COSTS INVOLVED
- Before the commencement of the tenancy, you will be required to make the following payments, which must be made by direct transfer to our Clients’ bank account or banker’s draft. Personal cheques will be accepted but must be paid 7 working days in advance of commencement of tenancy:
- The first month’s rent in advance.
- Five (5) weeks rent as a security deposit against damage to the property or defaults on the part of the Tenant during your tenancy, paid in advance. Tim Russ & Company are members of The Tenancy Deposit Scheme and hold the deposit under the regulations stipulated by the scheme. Further information on the operation of the scheme can be obtained from tenancydepositscheme.com)
- A Deposit Replacement Scheme is available as an option. Should you select this option, a referral fee will be paid by the provider to Tim Russ & Company
- We will offset your holding fee against the first month’s rent with your written consent
- All tenancies are subject to contract, satisfactory references and the Landlords final approval.
- Pets may be considered at some of our properties and the Landlord may ask for a higher rent if they agree. Please ask us for details on a specific property
All tenancies are exclusive of council tax, water rates, gas, oil usage and electricity and, if applicable, telephone. These services will be the responsibility of the tenant.
During your tenancy, we will charge you a fee if:
- There is a change of tenant details if you are sharing (£50 incl VAT)
- Surrender of tenancy
- Variation of contract (£50 incl VAT for each change)
- You lose your property key or security device
- Your rent is late (3% over Lloyds bank base rate)
Tim Russ & Company is an ARLA Licensed Member and is also regulated by RICS. Client Money Protection (CMP) is provided by RICS. Independent redress is provided by The Property Ombudsman Ltd
COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
Should you have any issues with Tim Russ and Company’s service which you are unable to resolve with the lettings consultant involved or the branch manager, you should write to Mr Tim Russ at the Beaconsfield office. This complaint will be acknowledged within 7 working days of receipt and an investigation undertaken. A formal written outcome of the investigation will be sent to you within 21 working days expressing the Tim Russ and Company final view.
We are members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme for both sales and lettings and abide by their service standards. You agree that we may disclose information relating to the letting of your property to The Property Ombudsman Scheme, if you have registered a complaint and they ask for it. You also agree that we may disclose your contact details to The Property Ombudsman Scheme if they ask for it, to assist in their monitoring of our compliance with the Code of Practice.
Are you ready to sell or let your home, or simply just curious about price?
Ask us for a FREE, detailed market appraisal